Last Revised: 28 February 2017
This page is being established as a method of informing the KYSSAR Patriot Grave Marking Committee Chairman of Proposed Grave Marking Activities and Memorial Services planned by Chapters of the Kentucky Society.
If your chapter is planning a Grave Marking Activity or a Memorial Service please provide the following information about the activity to the KYSSAR Patriot Grave Marking and Memorial Service Coordinator:
- Date: [Date should be in the following format YYYY-MM-DD (example 2015-03-13)]
- Time: [Since Kentucky is in both the Eastern and Central Time Zones and changes to and from Standard Time to Daylight Savings Time please provide the appropriate time notations EST (Eastern Standard Time) or EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) or CST (Central Standard Time) or CDT (Central Daylight Time)]
- Patriot Name or purpose of ceremony: [Give details about Patriot or reason for the Memorial Service]
- Location: [Provide a postal address and additionally provide a GPS'able address if possible]
- Hosting Chapter: [Name of KYSSAR Chapter Planning and/or Hosting the Service]
- Contact Person: [Name of coordinating this activity for your Chapter. Please provide Postal & e-Mail Addresses in addition to contact's phone numbers]
The above information should be e-Mailed to KYSSAR’s Patriot Grave Marking and Memorial Services Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Proposed Grave Marking or Memorial Service Activities
- DATE – TIME – Name of Partiot or Reason for Service – Location – KYSSAR Chapter – Contact Person Information
- April 15 – 3:00 p.m. (Central) – Patriots Day Commemoration (5 Patriots Honored) (Central District C.G. Event) – Veteran’s Cemetery West – 5817 Fort Campbell Blvd. (US Hwy. 41 Alt.) – Hopkinsville, KY – Colonel Stephen Trigg and John Manire Chapters Co-hosting – Steve Mallory (contact) – GPS [N 36.796778°, W -87.476484°]
- April 23 – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern) – Reuben Austin Grave Marking – Salt River Baptist Church – Salt River Road – Lawrenceburg, KY – Gov. Isaac Shelby – Forrest Chilton (contact) – GPS [N 38.006768°, W -84.889920°]