Last revised: 02 Sep 2014
[Tip: Use the “Find” or “Search” feature of your Browser to quickly locate a name on the following pages.] To return to the previous page please use your browseer’s [Back] button.
There are several things you will need to know before continuing your search.
- Patriots Buried in Kentucky is a listing of known American Revolutionary War Patriots buried in this state.
- The patriots listed are not necessarily proven ancestors of SAR or DAR members.
- This listing is a work in progress with new patriot names added frequently, therefore, you may want to check the site periodically for new listings.
- If you know of a patriot buried in Kentucky whose name and related information is not listed please contact the webmaster to have the patriot added to our listing.
- The Surnames of Patriots are on pages linked by the first letter of their last names. Please select the applicable letter from the list below to view the appropriate page.
- Be advised that there were different spellings for some Surnames – so a search for as many variations as possible should be done if you are unable to find a patriot’s name.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- NSSAR Patriot Search online database located at http://patriot.sar.org/
- SAR Revolutionary War Graves Register 2000 and/or SAR Patriot Index Edition III
- Revolutionary Soldiers In Kentucky, Compiled by Anderson Chenault Quisenberry, Year Book, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution, Louisville, 1896
- Clues for Revolutionary War Soldiers with Connections to Louisville and Jefferson County Kentucky, Ann York Franklin Compiler, an Ancestors, Inc. publication
- Pamphlet “Pioneer Graveyard”, 221 Sutton Street, Maysville KY, Compiled by: Jean Calbert and John Klee
- Pamphlet “Winchester Cemetery Co., Inc., Walking Tour”, Winchester Cemetery Co., Inc., 625 W. Lexington
Ave., Winchester, KY 40391
- Kentucky Society Daugters of the American Revolution
- Gov. Isaac Shelby Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- Revolutionary War soldier’s grave marked, The Berea Citizen, The Berea Publishing Company, Berea Kentucky, Section One, Page 6
- Simon Kenton Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- American Revolutionary Soldiers who are buried in what is now Taylor County, Compiled and Published by Betty Gorin
- E-mail from [Compatriot] David Reese to Webmaster GISSAR, Dated: July 7, 2011 1:58 PM Subject: Re: Capt James Herndon
- Big Sandy Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- Lafayette Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- Find A Grave – http://www.findagrave.com/
- Blue Licks Battlefield Memorial
- John Lowe Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- Clues for Kentucky Revolutionary Patriots from Birth to Burial, John Marshall Chapter, NSDAR, Ann York Franklin 2009.
- John Manire Chapter, Kentucky Society, Sons of the American Revolution